... nukilan seorang perantau...

Detik Demi Detik...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

=)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Peluang korang nak berbakti kat aku =P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 09, 2014

January 2014 Empties (Skin & Beyond)

Okay, this is part of my new year resolutions- to reduce wastage. One way is to keep tab of things that I already have including baking materials, shoes, house cleaning items and beauty bits. I still have lots to check, and so far I've covered some, and those cover how many, colours/ types, still using/ to toss away, frequent use/ rare, etc. Senang to make room for new things jugak.

Here are the January '14 empties in this sector.


From left to right, top to bottom:

1. Mentholatum; Sunplay SPF 65PA++ Watery Cool Clear & Smooth, 31ml. 
2. Soap & Glory; Hand Food, 50ml.
3. Skin Food; Peppermint Foot Cream, 100g.
4. Peter Thomas Roth; AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel, 57ml.
5. Missoni; Acqua Body Lotion, 200ml.
6. Clinique; Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, 50ml. 
7. Steam Cream; Sagittarius, 75g.
8. Molton Brown; Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath & Shower; 50ml.
9. Lip Fusion; Infatuation Lip Plumping Gloss.
10. Silky White; SPF 15 Pressed Powder in 01 Ivory, 12g. 

1. Mentholatum; Sunplay SPF 65PA++ Watery Cool Clear & Smooth, 31ml. 
I bought this from either Guardian or Watson pharmacy in KL bila balik Malaysia tak ingat bila. But this had been in my box of yet-to-be-used items for a bit. I remember I started using this masa summer mebbie in 2012, then bawak balik Malaysia a few times, then terbiar je either in my handbag or kat dressing table unused during the cold seasons (at least 9mo of the year), then used again during the hot seasons. Tak ingat how much I bought it for, but must be on sale if not I would not have bought it in bundles. Loved the minty feeling soon after application, but kalau near the eye area kena kenyit mata lama sket kalau tak pedih, haha. Small fist-size bottle, senang for travelling letak dlm handbag. Great for humid season 'coz it was non-greasy, in fact not so good if you have dryer skin sebab kena moisturize the skin before applying this. I dont know the ingredients coz all in Japanese but I suspect mesti ada some sort of zinc oxide/ titanium oxide for the sunblock effect because this can cause white streaks on the skin if not applied evenly. Best la kot kalau teringin nak rasa being pasty white skin. Hehehe. I've got a few more bottles to go, in fact this is yg ke berapa botol dah coz I really like Mentholatum products.

2. Soap & Glory; Hand Food, 50ml.
Ni saja gatal beli when I was at Sephora, KL. Tak ingat berapa RM, & which Sephora I got it from. Nice creamy feeling, non-greasy when used in Melbourne. Small tube, easy to carry around. And I used it all over, not only on the hands. Skin (except face) is all skin after all. I didnt really enjoy the smell. And after less than 6mo of using this, I found that the product kinda split. Gross! Maybe the stock itself already kinda aged when I bought it, maybe its the Melbourne heatwave, I'm not so sure. Had to toss it away, even though there was still probably a quater tube left. 

3. Skin Food; Peppermint Foot Cream, 100g.
Mak & abah bought me this a while ago, & each time I got home for holidays I would always forget to bring this back to Melbourne. Until recently balik Malaysia, & found this while clearing up my dressing table/ beauty stock there. Nice & cool & fairly even application. Made my feet & everywhere else so smooth. Product itself was a bit runny & thin to my liking. But I didnt like the smell of peppermint in this product, maybe it was a bit old from time of purchase or something.

4. Peter Thomas Roth; AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel, 57ml.
I got this from E-Bay, straight from the US, because takde kat most of the Kit store here  at the time when I needed it. And I was too lazy to wait for the stock that seemed forever to come. Mahal jugak via E-Bay, but still cheaper than what I would have paid in Melbourne, & that included postage. It seemed to tame my pimples yg degil2 tu. Hence didnt really used it that frequent; used it everyday for 2,3 days only during pimples fest. And after a few weeks, the scar pun dah mula fading away. Nice! Clear gel, so senang nak guna under make up if desperate. Yg tak bestnye ialah its stored in a glass bottle, so berat to carry around for travel. This one is already licin. So now thinking of maybe I will repurchase again after I'm done with my current pimple treatment.

5. Missoni; Acqua Body Lotion, 200ml.
Hubby bought me a set of Missoni Acqua perfume a while back when we were still at the Kelly Street house. Lama gila dah tu, mebbie around 5yrs back? I really loved the perfume so finished the perfume quite quickly, and at that time sayang punye pasal hence kept the body lotion thinking might be using it sparingly. Like always, terlupa terus even bila dah pindah rumah. Teringat again a few weeks back, alas the product had split & smelled bad.. more tengik than nice. The product itself was runny & thin to my liking, yet its been a while that I actually have forgotten the real texture.

6. Clinique; Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, 50ml.
Clinique was my first department store beauty item I used about 10years ago. And maybe the longest brand I was ever loyal to. I somehow always come back to Clinique products esp this one & their makeups after trying cycles of different other brands. When I first tried this 10yrs ago I didnt really like it because I felt it didnt really sustain any moisture & my skin at that time was a bit weird. After a while and now I understand my mature aging skin more, this is one of the many water based moisturiser that I keep on repurchasing. Very very light & odourless clear gel. Great for high humid area e.g. in KL or in summer. But horrible for very dry skin. As the seasons change I add facial oil to this with each use, esp for night use/ in ac environment. Also use this under sunblock. Its in a jar, some ppl have issues with this due to germs/ senang tumpah/ etc. But I have no issues with jar products. Plastic jar, hence easy to carry around. Very happy with this. I think it is ~AU$60-65. Bought this particular one recently, tak ingat harga. 

7. Steam Cream; Sagittarius, 75g.
Got this straight from the UK webbie. Ada offer masa tu, so got a few for hubby & my family & some other people as gifts. It comes in many different tin designs. Soy based, thick, esp good in dry season/ ac environment. Slightly greasy if used in humid area. Made my skin very soft. Small pretty tin, easy to carry around. This was the so-many tins I bought & used so far. Again its a jar product, I have no issue with this at all. Recently amik balik from my parents coz I figured they wouldnt use this as much/ frequently coz its humid in Malaysia. Plus each of it has got an expiry date. Will definitely repurchase after I finish using my other body/hand/feet creams/lotions.

8. Molton Brown; Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath & Shower; 50ml.
Got this from the UK, it was part of many mini body & hair Molton Brown product pact I bought in the UK. Started using this during my time studying for the primary exams. Despite its tiny bottle, I guess I didnt really use it that frequently. Maybe because I was distracted on using other shower products. It was supposed to calm & relax your mind. I would like to believe it did so. Managed to finish this purple gel early this month. Smelled hmmm.. different from all the shower products that I'm used to but I like to try something different every now & again so that I dont get bored. I dont like the smell of vanilla/ sweet stuff in my beauty products. This product itself, hmm, biasa je kot, a shower product is a shower product to me. 

9. Lip Fusion; Infatuation Lip Plumping Gloss.
Bought this via E-Bay because Mecca Cosmetica stopped stocking this a while ago. Thought this was good for my wrinkly lips, & it did work each time. Used this for work mostly. Cant remember the colour but probably doesnt really matter as I have pigmented lips anyway. It was sheer enough to not make my lips look nude-y. Minty on application but went away soon enough. Not too thick, not too thin. Just comfortable, I do like my lipgloss to be on the thicker side though. I have got other Lip Fusion Infatuation glosses in other colours, so will restock when they are almost gone. But kinda worried that this product might be discontinued. A bit mahal (tak ingat harga), but I love this.

10. Silky White; SPF 15 Pressed Powder in 01 Ivory, 12g.
This is from either Guardian or Watson in KL. Cheapo, & I loved it, & will always repurchase. And this one yg ke berapa pack dah since a few years ago tak ingat. Initially bought this when I was desperate but now suka pulak. Its not as halus as other more expensive pressed powder. It smells like an old woman makeup too, haha, but aku still suka yg ni. The colour is just nice for my skin. And it helps setting my foundation quicker, also it lasts a bit more than my other face powder. I'm not that particular about face powder that much, as to me the base (primer/ foundation/ concealler) is more important. To find a cheap powder that works well is exciting enuf to me. 

There, panjang berjela la pulak my first review. Ada lagi some other products yg dah abis/ buang but totally forgot to put aside for review & dah lupa which ones. 
Okay, gotta go. More to come.
Cheers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* All the products are either bought, given or of gift-with-purchase. The reviews are all my personal views anyways & not paid by anyone; everyone is entitiled to their own words on anything. I dont intend to make this blog as a beauty blog. This is just to keep tab of my belongings for minimizing waste, and for my own future references.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...