... nukilan seorang perantau...

Detik Demi Detik...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

=)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Peluang korang nak berbakti kat aku =P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Glass Palace- Amitav Ghosh


I bought this book when i went to my honeymoon to Tioman Island, Malaysia, last year. We were waiting to get on board after checking in. I was really bored & restless (like alwiz coz I dont really like to travel on planes). So I went to this nearby bookstore in the waiting area and saw this book, The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh. I had no idea who the writer was. I just picked the book coz of the interesting title & cover pic.

So, there. Of course my honeymoon vacation was the most memorable & wonderful vacation ever with hubby. But the novel added an extra colour to it as well.

I didnt finish the whole book when I was there, only managed to read a few pages, however I could hardly put it down when I continued reading it.

My honest opinion: It is one of the most brilliant book I've ever read in my life. Loved the history line, loved the characters, everything. I would certainly read it again if I could get hold on to it. (My copy is now with one of my brothers).

Now, I'm reading The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh as well, & will definitely snatch the new book, Sea of Poppies when I finish this one.

Bravo to Amitav Ghosh. Well done!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...